Tuesday, May 17, 2011

housewifey things

This year I didn't get to go overseas (other than a 5-day honeymoon). And with the extra polling day holiday and marriage leave, I have close to 30 days of leave. I know it sounds like super a lot. But when one does go overseas like 15 days for a Europe trip, a short beach holiday, then a few days here and there to fight fatigue, I think it's just nice. But when one takes leave to stay home (for lack of a better place or places to go) it really does feel like a lot. I almost feel bad taking leave and I can't figure why.

So I stay home to declutter. Of course, I only do a very little bit each time. Then I sit in front of the tv and sew. I find things to mend and alter. I even made a purse out of the ribbon on my bridal hand bouquet ( for memories' sake). Its v therapeutic.

Another thing is doing laundry. Laundry make s me realise that I hv a lot of clothes and not enough wardrobe space. And makes me tell myself not to buy any more things. It's a bittersweet feeling.

No comments: