Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Back to the real world

I'm back from my almost month-long holiday. And despite arriving at 1030pm last night, i came to work today, only to find that everyone else is on leave. A colleague from the neighbouring team walked past and commented on my "glow". She says it must be due to a good holiday. I couldn't agree more, remembering that i wasn't wearing any blush today.

I had a really good break. Mostly because the holiday wasn't rushed. I spent a lot of time shopping. i think i really like shopping. And i mean really. I don't even have to buy anything. beat that. haha.

Perhaps the air in LA is different but i am lifted just breathing it. I can't get enough of it. Beijing was lovely too (I stopped over for a few hours). It was really cold, being -7 degrees. But i was well prepared for it. Pictures of Tiananmen Sq are abundant on the internet. But being there was a completely different experience which i loved. One can almost feel the nationalistic pride the people have for their country. But nothing is complete without shopping. I didn't buy much but feel so pleased with my purchases.

Now i'm back in office, with a new, refreshed view on working. I'm looking forward to 2010. Are you? :)

No comments: