1But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.3For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in exchange for you.4Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you,I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for your life.5 Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you.6I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold;bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth,7everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."
Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.11 I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior.12I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and I am God.13Also henceforth I am he; there is none who can deliver from my hand; I work, and who can turn it back?"
16Thus says the LORD, who makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters,17who brings forth chariot and horse, army and warrior;they lie down, they cannot rise, they are extinguished, quenched like a wick:18 "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.19 Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.20The wild beasts will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches, for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert,to give drink to my chosen people, 21the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.
25"I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment