Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday is just like any other work day. And i have a pile to clear. Someone sent me a bouquet and i have to go get it from the mail room.

I hold the flowers in my hand, barely grasping due to the thickness of the bunch. White lilies. When i was a kid, i'd think to myself that the man of my dreams would present me with a bunch of white lilies and I'll be very touched. U know, that kinda mini daydreams.

Sunday was my birthday. And i took Monday off to relax, do something for myself. And I was expecting the "special-ness" of the day to have worn off by Tuesday. But as i held the lilies, yea, i have to say, that makes me feel kinda special.
I hurried back to my seat in the office, abashed at the pretty bunch that was catching a lot of attention. The first thing i did was to put it where i can see it, yet not be so obvious that everyone would ask me about it. Then i opened the card. It said this: "Cheryl dearest, you're deeply loved".

I beam to myself and left the card open on my desk. So that i can glance over now and then and repeat the whole 'smile-to-myself' thing. Suddenly the day felt a bit lighter. I didn't become smarter i'm sure but the work seemed more manageable. Probably because it didn't seem to matter so much if i failed or something. I am loved, you see.

Then i thought about You. And how You said that when i comprehend the breadth and length and height and depth of Your love, I am more than a conquerer. Today i received flowers from a few very dear friends and i felt on top of things. Like i can handle it all. Everyday i receive Your love. Grace that renders me perfect. Love that makes You want to give me the world. Love that makes You ache when i hurt.

Today i caught a fraction of a glimpse of that Love. While it's still beyond my simple understanding, it gave me a taste of that sustenance. No wonder You say i'm more than a conquerer. The careless grin i can wear and the confidence that i can feel. Perhaps should i know better, my face would crack from the smiling and my head dizzy from the mere idea. Of Your Love for me.


No comments: