My well cast feet have been doing a pretty good job carrying me about town. I managed to shop on Saturday and today. i'm pleased. Although the walking did make me feel sore, it wasn't pain. And day by day, they feel stronger. Based on the rough estimate of 4-6 weeks in cast, i have 3 weeks more to go, max. And in the next few weeks, i have already planned a shopping/sight-seeing holiday to Jakarta and a mission trip to Tanjong Balai (an island of Indonesia). Yes, all in cast and those ugly astronaut shoes that some of u have seen.
I'm looking forward.
In the meantime, i can only look on in envy at shoes. I can't even try them on and i don't buy if i can't try. Plus i don't know if the size of my feet will change slightly with the shaving off of some extra bone during the op.
Yesterday i went to Robinson's. It's quite the aunties' shopping paradise. But if u r willing to dig deep and perservere the crowds, there are really some pretty good finds. J actually managed to get leather shoes (2 pairs!), pants and 2 shirts. All for a good deal. It was fun.
Today i went to the library and picked up some really cool books. It's not often i find the stuff i want, especially not at Library@ Orchard as it is well visited by the crowds and the bestsellers always get snapped up. But this time is different. I got my hands on The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella, whose books i like to read. I'm pleased. =)
ok, enough of reporting. i'm masking my face now. heh. later gonna watch soccer. Monday is leave day. I feel good. =)
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment