Friday, May 26, 2006

Run a marathon at 100m pace

That was a phrase J was telling me someone said to him. It left an impression on me. I'm still thinking about it. The fitness required, the determination, the desire.

Who wld have guessed that a lazy Friday (my final MC day) wld be a rather interesting one?

I woke to the alarm ringing. Something i haven't done for the last 4 days. I was due for an appt with my foot doctor. I'm going to see what the feet look like.


Me: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. my feet look so disgusting!

Nurse: ai ya, of course la. It has only been 8 days since the surgery. Even plastic surgery takes longer. But after a while, bomp! (i have no idea what it stands for), u look beautiful!

I was tempted to ask "how u know?", but decided to hold myself.

I continued asking stupids questions like "how come like that huh?" as she took off the existing dressing and put on the new one. Blood oozed out. And i went "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" again.

Nurse: ai ya, don't worry! that's old blood!

i can't decided which is worse.

Anyway, where the doctor had made a cut, my skin was held together with black stitches. The skin was creased and very ugly.


My doctor showed me what he did throught the X-ray screen. My big toe was practically sawed apart by him and left to grow back together in time to come. In the meantime, i just have to wear the bandage and when i go out, i have really big shoes.

No comments: