Thursday, September 29, 2005

I have no idea

I'm currently in the process of job searching. Some people have expressed to me that Accountancy students have it easier than business students, since our specialisation is professional and the Big Four firms are currently short-handed. Yea, those aspects are kind of true. but then, it doesn't impact me in any way.

I'm not sure if i actually want to join the Big Four. The only thing good about it, ok, not the only, the things good about it is:

1) steady income
2) steady hours --all the time
3) progressive increments and promotions (i'm told that it's pretty standard unless u screw up big time)
4) when u tell people the name of ur company, they don't go "huh, do what one huh?"

of them all, number 4) appeals to me the most.

Having done my internship at a small tax and consulting firm, i learnt that it is really a pain having to introduce ur entire company and its operations when u introduce urself, or when people ask wat u r doing. Really, it's a pain. To make matters worse, i wasn't particularly proud of it. I am more proud of being from National Junior College.

4 October is the deadline for applications for all the Big Four. So i have to decide by then.

Since i am considering other areas, u must be thinking, what?
ha. this is the thing. I don't noe.

I seriously fantasize about being a waitress. I think i can do a good job. Really. But on a long term basis, i am not sure if it ties in with my expectations. sigh. So i think, oh customer service. (i mean, along those lines). Then i realise that i don't noe exactly what it entails. If i don't noe, can i still say it's something i wan to do and still hope to sound like a learned person?

And then u have those oh-so-cool positions such as marketing, human resouce, events management, advertising, consulting etc.

sigh. this is bad. I tink i need to go and seriously pray/ponder about it. and i do wish i started earlier.

2 comments:

ernie bernie said...

i agree with you.. at least u dun have to explain your company. its a brand issue actually.

i'd actually like to be a cashier really..

happy planning!

Q said...

how super major nice to hear from u really. =) and yea, cashier is good. heh.