Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Excited

I just finished my consulting class. Sounds so cool hor? Cos the real name of the course is really long. It's Experiences in Small Business Consulting. It's a management course (duh) and also a T&E for me. I was pleasantly surprised by the content of the course really. Of course, one may also say that Week 2 is too early to tell. At first, i was expecting the prof to be telling about all his experiences, singing his own praises while the class sits back and roll our eyes. But its turns out, that he gives pretty relevant pointers, interjected with snippets of his experiences (interesting and funny) and finally, we get to use it by writing up a business plan for an existing small business.

For the first time in my life, i'm looking forward to the project. This is mainly cos i get to see how people try to market something. I've never done marketing before. I always thought that it's so cliche to like marketing and want to do it. Hee. But it's indispensible in a business plan, so it'l be incorporated. But i tink my groupmate, a marketing major will be more in charge of it, while i take care of the management accounts and possibly control systems.

The thing is, even though it's not exactly hands-on for me, it's my project and i get to see how they come up with a believable marketing plan. Should be exciting right? I think i'm beginning to sound like those over-anxious freshman. But never mind la. It's better than being bored right?

Just hope that the small business i have in mind will be willing to co-operate with us ok? I love school!

I tink after i bathe i'l go read Psych. She must be lonely, having spent the entire day at home. (i put her next to Advanced Management Accounting. Don't think she'l be too pleased)

No comments: